There is no doubt that properly executed lighting the kitchen sets the sound throughout the interior. A chandelier can become a central element in this cozy and warm room.
Using the materials at hand - or even junk - you can make a lamp shade from threads, an eco-style lamp made of jute twine or plastic bottles, or you can make a real masterpiece - a beautiful chandelier made of wooden or glass beads.
And still, a lamp made by your own hands can be not only hung in the kitchen or in the dining area, but also donated to loved ones.
Method 1. From scrap materials - everyone can!
The easiest lamp with their own hands is made of thread. Indeed, even a child can cope with this design. So, to make a chandelier of threads, we need:
- Threads - you can take the usual jute twine or cotton thick threads, with a total length of at least 100 meters, the color is chosen based on your imagination and the already existing interior;
- PVA glue and brush for its application;
- 2 balloons - one for work, the second for testing; the ball is better to take not the usual, but round, then the shape of the lamp will be the correct form.
Tip! Also suitable for children or rubber beach ball. For very large lamps fit ball fitball, for example.
The creation of a ball of thread is carried out in the following sequence:
- Inflate the ball of the desired size. Do not forget that the resulting shade from the threads will repeat the shape of the ball. Draw one or two circles on top and bottom with a marker (you can get more from below).
- Pour the glue into the container and carefully process the threads. And the ball itself can be coated with a vaseline brush.
Tip! Do not immediately apply glue to all threads - it is better to move to the place of winding.
- This is followed by winding the threads on the ball, taking into account the drawn holes - the density of winding depends on how your lampshade will end up.
- After the ball is wrapped, you need to leave the future chandelier to dry for at least 24 hours.
- The ball bursts and its remnants are easily removed from the now strong structure. The result was a shade of solid threads.
- A hole is cut from the top - under the cartridge.
- It is necessary to check the strength - another ball is inserted into the lamp and inflated. This will demonstrate the flexibility of the design.
In this way, local lighting in the kitchen can be made by creating several lamps from threads with your own hands. And you can hang in the dining area, as shown in the photo.
Do not forget that for a ball of threads you can make an additional decor in the form of interesting coloring, beads, butterflies or artificial flowers, but you can make a whole bunch of balls of different sizes.
By the same principle, you can come up with your own unique lamp design. For example, from lace, or a ceiling lamp as in the photo below.
Method 2. Create a masterpiece - you need to try!
Fine lighting of the kitchen will turn out and if you do your own lamp fixture of beads or fabric. Get a lamp in style chebbi chic or a real chandelier-chandelier.
For this work you will need:
- Old hoop, garden basket, hanging metal pots, or wire to create a frame;
- Decorative chains;
- Beads, beads, ribbons, strong threads;
- Cartridge with a lamp.
The lamp will be a two-or three-level structure of the rings located one above the other and connected by chains or wire.
Rings can be taken in different sizes, creating a lamp shade in the spirit of vintage classics, or the same - it is this kind of lighting that is performed in modern style.
The base of the lamp is certainly painted, wrapped or decorated, and then proceed to stringing beads.
The consumption of beads in this project is as follows:
Lower part: beads with a diameter of 16 mm, 15 pcs. on the thread;
Upper part: beads with a diameter of 12 mm, 31-32 pcs. on the thread.
Here you can vary the degree of tension and the number of threads.
Tip! The work should be carried out, after hanging the chandelier and inserting a cartridge into it.
By analogy, you can create for the kitchen a chandelier made of artificial fruits. And dimmed lighting will turn out, if you use fabric for trimming the frame. As a rule, such a lamp shade is made for country styles and provence.
Method 3. Fixtures from waste materials - for a modern kitchen!
The most original lamp can be made from such waste material as plastic bottles and disposable spoons - it is beautiful, cheap and eco-friendly!
We make a lampshade in the style of minimalism and high tech - no additional decorations from threads and beads, only matte white or colored plastic. To make such a muffled kitchen lighting with your own hands, we need:
- The base of a 5-liter plastic bottle;
- Cartridge with wire and lamp;
- Adhesive for high-quality fixation;
- Many disposable spoons.
To make a chandelier with your own hands, cut the bottom of the bottle and cut the handles of the spoons (not completely, so that a small cutting is left). With the help of glue we fix the cropped spoons on the bottle base. They need to be placed evenly, in order, then the lampshade will look attractive.
Tip! Each next row is overlapped, without gaps.
The resulting chandelier will resemble fish scales. However, it should be remembered that this design is quite dense, which means that additional lighting will be needed in the kitchen.
The shape of the lamp may be different, for example, in the form of a lotus.
From disposable spoons can be made and such decorations.
A luminaire made from plastic bottles, or rather from their bottoms, made with your own hands, may seem laced or made up of many small flowers.
Tip! Such a lamp shade can be made not white, but colored - it means that you need to take colored bottles or paint it with the paint of the original color: copper, gold, steel, pink, black, etc.
The resulting lampshade can be hung in the kitchen or over the dining table.
Let your kitchen be cozy and bright! We wish you creative success and present some more wonderful ideas for making kitchen lights with your own hands from improvised means.
- Choosing the perfect chandelier for your kitchen
- 12 super ideas for home and kitchen
- Sconces in the kitchen - playing with the light according to the rules
- LED lights for the kitchen from A to Z
- The choice of lighting for kitchen cabinets and not only