We tell how to cook Tiramisu at home is easy and tasty. Super tasty. By the way, even novices will cope with the preparation of this Italian dessert, because you shouldn’t bake or decorate it. All you need is to buy the right products and follow our step-by-step recipe.
Ingredients for 8 servings
For syrup impregnation cookies Savoyardi:
- Water - 1 cup;
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Kahlua liqueur or any other coffee liqueur. If there is no liquor, you can use brandy or dark rum - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Instant coffee - 1.5-2 tsp. To taste.
For cream Sabayon:
- Large egg yolks - 6 pcs;
- Mascarpone cheese - about 230 g;
- Sugar - 3/4 cup;
- Kahlua liqueur or dark rum - 3 tbsp. spoons (not more than 60 g);
- Thick cream - 1 cup;
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp (can be replaced by 15 grams of vanilla sugar or 0.5 grams of vanilla powder).
To create dessert layers:
- Savoyardi cookies - 200 g;
- Cocoa powder or chocolate chips for sprinkling.
Dishes and tools:
- Baking dish size 20 × 20 cm;
- 4-liter saucepan or bowl;
- A saucepan or medium-sized bowl (it must be heat resistant);
- Corolla (preferably large);
- Mixer (stationary or manual);
- Silicone spatula.
Step by step recipe
Step 1. Making syrup for cookies Savoyardi. Pour water into a small saucepan, then dissolve sugar in it and bring to a boil over medium heat. Next, pour the solution into a small bowl, add coffee liqueur and instant coffee to it. Set the bowl aside to cool the solution, but for now do the preparation of Sabayon cream.
Step 2. Prepare a water bath and yolks for Sabayon cream. First, prepare a water bath. It is needed in order to slightly heat the beaten eggs, but not to overheat (after all, we need Sabayon, not an omelette). So, pick up any bowl of heat-resistant material that could be installed on the pan as shown in the photo below. Into the pot, collect enough water so that its surface does not reach the bottom of the upper bowl about 4 cm. This gap is needed for the circulation of steam. Having tried on the top bowl, set it aside, but in the meantime, bring the water to the boil to a boil over medium heat.
While the water is heating up, stir the egg yolks with sugar in a prepared bowl until a homogeneous mass is formed using a whisk (beat until necessary).
Step 3. Cooking Sabayon. Place a bowl of yolks and sugar in a pot of boiling water and start beating the mixture with a whisk / hand mixer. Do this for about 10 minutes. That is, until the cream becomes light, thick and does not double in volume. Next, add the Kahluas liqueur to the mixture and whisk it again until the liquor is completely dissolved. Voila! Sabayon is ready!
Step 4. Cool the Sabayon, whip the mascarpone and cream. Remove the bowl of Sabayon from the pan with boiling water and leave to cool completely (for at least 10 minutes!).Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whip the mascarpone (preferably with a mixer). You need to do this for about 1 minute - only to soften the cheese. Next, add the cream and whip the mixture again at medium speed until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Finally, add vanilla extract (or its analogue) and mix the mixture well at low speed.
Step 5. Mix the creamy mixture with Sabayon cream. In a bowl with cold (!) Sabayon add cream mixture. This should be done gradually, adding 1/3 of the mixture at a time and gently stirring the cream with a spatula.
- Sabayon must be completely cooled, otherwise the cream mixture will split and melt.
Step 6. Lay out Tiramisu in layers. Holding each Savoyardi cookies in each hand simultaneously and quickly (literally 1-3 seconds), dip them into the cooled coffee syrup, which we prepared at the very beginning. Try not to overdo the cookies in the syrup, as they get soaked very quickly and can get soggy. Fold the cookies in a baking dish measuring 20 × 20 cm next to each other. Continue to dip the cookies and lay them out in a row until you fill out the entire form (if necessary, you can crush Savoyardi in half). Cover the first layer of cookies with half of the Sabayon mixture. Next, lay out the second layer of dessert: first the remaining Savoyardi sticks, then the Sabayon cream. Finally, smooth the surface of the cream with a spatula or knife.
Step 7. Cool Tiramisu for 8-24 hours. Cool the tiramisu in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours so that the cookies soften and the Sabayona mixture is sufficiently hardened for future dessert cutting.
- 8 hours of cooling is the minimum. But if there is an opportunity, try to hold Tiramisu in the refrigerator for longer. Ideally, all 24 hours.
Step 8. We cover Tiramisu with chocolate and serve. Sprinkle cocoa powder (trough a sieve as shown in the photo below) or chocolate chips just before serving the dessert to the table. Hooray! Almost done! Cut the tiramisu into even squares with a sharp knife and serve.
- It is believed that the original Tiramisu is prepared only with Marsala wine. However, as practice shows, it can be successfully replaced with any alcohol that you like. In Tiramis, we like coffee liqueur or dark rum the most.
- Often recipes Tiramisu involve cooking homemade Savoyardi. We insist not to spend time on it and buy ready-made cookies in the nearest store. First, it is more convenient, and secondly, more reliable. After all, it is extremely important that the cookies are as dry as possible. To achieve this at home is quite difficult. Honestly, Tiramisu with ready-made Savoyardi tastes just as good as homemade ones.
- 3 recipes for cottage cheese cheesecakes for every day
- Pancakes on kefir - 2 best recipes and 2 secrets of pomp
- Ovsyanoblin and pp-pancake - 2 recipes for every day
- How to cook banana pancakes from 2 ingredients
- How to cook rice - 3 best ways
- Classic Olivier with sausage - 8-step recipe with photos
- How to cook herring under a fur coat - a classic recipe with a little trick
- Pizza dough - step by step photo recipe