Oval and round kitchen tables have the following advantages:
- Total absence of corners, which guarantees safety.
- The rounded table top looks smart and elegant.
- All dishes are placed in the center and are equidistant from everyone sitting at the table.
- Round surfaces unite, bring together and create comfort in communication.
- Multivariate materials and decors, the ability to choose the option that is appropriate in the interior of any style.
So, round and oval kitchen tables are:
- Glass. Glass is a wonderful material. It does not absorb odors, is resistant to temperature and moisture. However, such a tabletop requires double care, because traces from dishes or from greasy hands will be visible. But the complexity in the care does not stop those who appreciate the elegance, transparency and lightness of the glass - this table looks great and, moreover, reflects the light, and thus contributes to the visual expansion of the space.
- Wooden. Of all the types of natural wood, ash, oak or beech is most often used. Each of these options will look like a win-win. classic, Provencal interior or country style. You can even find models suitable for hi-tech - it all depends on the particular decor chosen. The splendor of natural texture limits the use of only one drawback - low wear resistance, so wood is necessarily covered with special protective compounds. In addition, it is one of the most expensive materials.
- Veneered chipboard / MDF - a common material due to its practicality, lightness, relative cheapness. Externally veneered tabletop can not be distinguished from wood. The photo below shows the popular models from the IKEA Bjurst series with a chipboard top and veneer.
- Laminated chipboard or MDF. Among the advantages - the budget and variation of colors. If the tabletop is made of laminated chipboard, it should be protected with a tablecloth or stand. The same can be said about laminated MDF. But MDF wins in strength and durability, but therefore more expensive than laminated chipboard.
- A natural stone - original and very beautiful, but expensive and heavy, reacting to acids and temperature drops. Some types of stone, such as marble, also absorb fat and dirt.
- Fake diamond. Easier than natural material, cheaper, more practical and even safer.
- Verzalit - material from pressed wood fibers with a binder of polymer resins. Externally similar to chipboard, but in terms of performance it is close to an artificial stone. It is easy to use, immune to ultraviolet and mechanical stress, therefore it is most often used for the manufacture of outdoor and restaurant furniture.
The legs are most often made of metal, wood or polymer.
Choose the right color and design.
A round dining table should be combined with the design of a furniture set, and this is an axiom. Both the style and the color must match - if not completely coincide with each other, but harmoniously coexist.
The design of the legs plays a big role in the appearance of the table.
In the kitchen in a classic style, Provencal or chebbi chic A table on balusters, carved or curved legs is appropriate, as in the photo below. The legs can be forged and even rattan.
A round table on chrome-plated metal legs or wooden simple shapes will organically fit into the modern interior.
The legs at the round and oval table is from 1 to 4 pieces. The most convenient tables on one massive support - to sit behind him and it will be more convenient to get up.
Round and oval tables are simply made for decoration. tablecloths. They should be a lot - everyday, ceremonial, under different curtains and even seasons. So your dining area will never bother you.
Capacity of oval and round models of tables
The oval-shaped table fits perfectly into a rectangular room. It will be compact, but at the same time functional - even a small model can easily accommodate 5-6 people.
The classic model in the shape of a circle will also require more than the average free area, but at the same time it will hold only 3-4 people.
A table with a diameter of 100 cm will accommodate 4-5 people, and 150 cm is a sufficient area for 9 people.
Is a round or oval table suitable for a small kitchen?
For small kitchen A round table is not the most rational option; an oval shape for small spaces and families of more than 5 people is more suitable. But if the round table is sliding or folding, if your family is small, and also, if you have another table (for example, in the living room) for receiving guests, then why not? The photo below shows examples of kitchens up to 10 square meters. m
- Rules for choosing a dining group for the kitchen - design and practicality
- All the nuances of the choice of kitchen tables made of glass
- Stone kitchen tables - the fundamental basis of the interior
- Choosing a kitchen corner - we take into account the materials, design and type of construction
- Reliable, beautiful, warm ... wooden kitchen table