A kitchen corner for a small kitchen is a great way to make rational use of space. After all, this is a versatile, comfortable and very functional furniture - no wonder corners are very popular in our country. The traditional dinette includes a corner sofa section with a luxury seat, stools or chairs, as well as a table. The photo below shows the corners of domestic production - available from chipboard and leatherette, as well as models from solid wood and fabric.
However, today a kitchen corner can be called not only an angular section, but also a dining group with a small sofa, or rather a sofa, as well as with a banquette without a back (pictured below), a bench or a bench.
Or, for example, this kitchen corner made of beech wood (Orion model) from Russian manufacturer Wood Craft.
Today we will look at ready-made soft corners, as well as suggest what other interesting options for dining groups you can order, make with your own hands or find something similar in the store.
Kitchen corners have obvious advantages:
- space is used rationally;
- all family members will certainly fit at the same table;
- sofa corners, as a rule, have a back with a soft upholstery on which it is pleasant to lean over;
- under the corner can be provided for the storage boxes of various utensils;
- some benches and sofas can easily turn into a bed;
- With the help of such furniture it is easy to zone the space regardless of the dimensions of the room.
A little about the size and location
- The size and location of the kitchenette should be such that the aisles from the dining group to other furniture (for example, a kitchen unit) are about 90-100 cm, and in order for you to sit comfortably and get up from the table, the distance from the table to Walls / furniture should be at least 80 cm.
- The depth of sitting is about 50 cm - the most comfortable for an average person with an average build.
- Near the front door, at the refrigerator, sink or stove - all this is not the best options for placing furniture, the ideal option - at the window.
Choosing the upholstery
The most important thing that you need to pay attention to when acquiring a soft corner is an upholstery, which can both spoil the look of the furniture and the interior, or decorate it.
- Keep in mind that some models are equipped with foam lining only, and you can choose the color and texture of the case yourself and change the design according to the season and mood.
- In addition, you can use the same fabric as for curtains or as much as possible in color for sewing upholstery with your own hands, creating a single textile set for the kitchen.
As for modern upholstery materials, most often they are synthetic and are distinguished by practicality, ease of care and resistance to fading. Among the popular materials worth noting:
- Shenil, plush, jacquard and velor are popular and common coatings;
- Teflon-coated microfiber - wear-resistant material with good color stability;
- Flock - practical, but somewhat less wear-resistant compared with microfiber. Important! Only high-quality flock with a short nap and diagonal weaving is allowed - if the weave of the fabric is transversely longitudinal, then it will very quickly lose its original appearance;
- Leather - durable and easy to care, but quite specific in terms of design;
- Ecoskin - demanded substitute of natural material. Differs fire resistance, breathable structure, well imitates natural leather.
On furniture with a hard surface, such as benches, they put pillows that can be easily sewn with your own hands and changed from time to time. This "garden" option today in a trend in urban apartments. Take a look at the photo - the benches and sofa corners with pillows look very cozy.
If you make a soft corner with your own hands, and if you buy ready-made furniture, you need to understand the differences in existing types of fillers.
- As a rule, for seats use a synthetic winterizer or foam rubber, but polyurethane foam provides the highest comfort. This material is also the most durable.
In addition, it shows excellent performance of moisture and heat transfer and is not deformed as a result of continuous operation. You can choose not only the type, but also the rigidity of the filler. At the moment, a classification of six groups is used:
- E (ST) - normal hardness;
- EL - increased;
- HL - hard;
- ER - soft;
- HS - hyperweight;
- HR - high elasticity.
The best fillers can last about 10 years. Only furniture with spring blocks is considered more durable.
Materials and Design
Choosing a corner in the kitchen, you should consider the color and design. It depends on how harmonious the interior of the kitchen will turn out. And the practicality of the furniture is ensured by properly selected material. Here are the following options:
- DSP - the most simple and budget option, imitating wood, but can be any other colors due to the laminated protective coating. Reliability, of course, chipboard is much inferior to furniture made of wood and can serve only 5 years. To make an inexpensive corner of chipboard look “more noble”, choose high-quality upholstery of neutral colors from high-quality natural fabrics or close to them. For example, such as in the photo below.
- Woody array. This corner is reliable and very beautiful, but it is significantly more expensive. The most common wood species for kitchen furniture are oak, beech, pine or birch.
The dining area of wood is often carved.
Nuances of design choice
Before you buy such furniture, you need to properly assess the proportions of the room, the main design direction, the location of the set and its desired functional features.
Note that it can be in the form of a solid product as in the photo above or in the form of separate parts, each of which is a full-fledged object. For example, you can make a kitchen area of two small sofas, as in the photo below.
Speaking of sofas and sofas. In the kitchen of 10 square meters. m fits even such a full-fledged sofa.
And here are some other ideas on how to make a kitchen corner with a sofa for small kitchen.
A kitchen corner for a small kitchen is an excellent place to store things, and therefore, kitchen sofas are equipped with drawers that can withstand a load of up to 100 kg.
It is better to choose a table for a kitchen corner on one leg, so it will be easier for sitting to sit and get up.
- Sofa expert - choose a sofa in the kitchen
- Rules for choosing a dining group for the kitchen - design and practicality
- All the nuances of the choice of kitchen tables made of glass
- DIY dining table - 2 step by step instructions with photos
- We update chairs with their own hands
- Bar Stool Guide