The apron in the kitchen is, first of all, high-quality protection of the walls of the room in the installation zone of the plate and sink. It can be glass, MDF or tile, but its main purpose is to protect the wall from grease stains, steam, boiling oil. Of course, the kitchen apron also plays a decorative role, and therefore can be made of any materials - durable, resistant to extreme influences and pleasant to the eye. And if the designers are not limited in the choice of the method of finishing, the dimensions of this work surface are strictly normalized.
The distance from the floor to the apron
The height of the kitchen apron is dependent on factors:
- Dimensions of the plate;
- Type of hob;
- The height of the furniture in the kitchen;
- Hood design;
- The dimensions of the upper part of the furniture;
- The growth of people most often using the table top and stove.
And here much depends on the principle on which the kitchen furniture is chosen:
- Tables are selected based on the height of the person who most often cooks and uses the kitchen. If the furniture is chosen correctly for growth, the hostess will not experience discomfort in the back or in the hands, and all cooking activities will take place in a natural posture.
- The height of the tables corresponds to the dimensions of the stove installed in the kitchen.
- The dimensions of the table top are selected in such a way that a washing machine fits under them.
- Has a standard kitchen suite been purchased?
The standard height of the furniture corresponds to the dimensions of the stove in the kitchen - 85 cm, which means that the apron must start at least 84 cm from the floor.
The width of the kitchen apron is also important, that is, the distance between its upper and lower edges (this parameter is often called the height of the apron).
What are the maximum dimensions allowed? If a washing machine is built in under the table top, the headset’s height together with the table top is not more than 90 cm. In this case, the distance from the table to the bottom of the wall cabinets should not exceed 110 cm, respectively, the maximum width of the apron should be within 112 cm ( considering 2 cm for overlap). This option is suitable for rooms with high ceilings and for high enough owners.
For a standard-sized kitchen, the lower modules of which are 85 cm, the apron should not exceed 117 cm.
Thus, the apron width should be in the range from 47 cm to 117 cm (therefore, the distance from the table top to the top cabinets is 45-115 cm).
There is one more important point that you definitely need to take into account when designing and manufacturing kitchen lining - this location of sockets.
A little about the nuances of installation and materials
An apron in the kitchen must be arranged according to preliminary marking.
Tip! Here it is important to check the marking line on the level, measuring the distance to it from the floor level at several points.In case the kitchen floor is not even, the beginning of the working surface may “diverge” from the level of the installed furniture. So you need to carefully check the surface of the tile, and the glass apron - after all, to fix these shortcomings will subsequently take a lot of manpower and resources.
What matters is what material the kitchen apron will be made of. So, the apron from a tile easily keeps within if its height - 60 cm. It is easy to pick up the sizes of a tile under such design (as a rule, the majority of offers in modern collections - 30 or 60 cm).
But the glass is often a solid canvas, made to order. And from MDF it is possible to make any work surface - the main thing is that MDF should correspond to the color of the main interior concept and be distinguished by its increased resistance to moisture.
Protection of the wall under the hood
The area of the kitchen lining in the area of the hood needs increased attention. Here we can not do without a preliminary project that will take into account the size of the equipment, the method and location of its location.
The maximum height of the apron depends on the type of construction of the hood and the location of the furniture in this area:
- Dome (chimney, hinged) hood is mounted without an additional top cabinet and then the apron can be installed to the top edge of the headset, hoods, and even to the ceiling.
- The built-in device with a sliding surface must be provided with a wardrobe - here the height of the kitchen apron is 70-75 cm.
- Suspended structures can be installed with or without furniture.
It is important that the surface of the tile or MDF exceeds the working part of the hood by 5-10 cm on each side. Such a prudent approach will save you from shortcomings due to errors in the process of mounting the mounted part of the headset.
- We mount a kitchen apron from a tile independently
- MDF wall panels in the apron and kitchen walls
- How to choose an apron for the kitchen - Help for the buyer
- All about kitchen mosaic apron and more
- Apron from the tile "hog" in the interior of the kitchen - from the choice of design to the installation of their own hands
- Plastic apron - information for customers