The acquisition of a dishwasher is justified for several reasons. It consumes 3-5 times less water compared to ordinary dishwashing, copes with this task much better and saves your time. The size of the dishwasher is one of the main selection criteria, especially if you want to buy an embedded or partially embedded model. Let's find out what are the dimensions of different types of machines, and what sizes will be optimal for your kitchen and family.
Main types of equipment
Some features that should be considered when choosing and installing dishwashers.
- Keep in mind that PMMs of the same size can have different capacities.
- When buying a dishwasher, make sure that the dimensions shown on the price tag are correct. The fact is that sellers can round off the width and height, and the correct parameters are specified only in the wiring diagram.
- With the help of screw supports standard height can be changed and adjusted in accordance with the location of the equipment. Thanks to this, the built-in dishwasher will exactly match the height of the kitchen. Most often, this type of equipment is equipped with 3 legs - one at the back (the screw regulating its location is placed on the base) and 2 in the front.
- In most models, designed for stationary location, you can remove the cover. If you remove the cover from a free-standing car, its height will be 83, not 85 cm - just as much as the built-in equipment. Such a machine can already be easily placed under the table top standard headset, although its front facade still can not be closed with a furniture facade.
- When placing you need to take into account not only the features of the equipment or its dimensions, but also the length of the connection hose. It is regulated that the distance for sewage discharge should not be more than 1500 mm.
- A very useful option is the height adjustment of the baskets, which allows even large objects to be placed easily.
What sizes do a built-in, stand-alone, narrow and small dishwasher have?
Today, the dimensions of the PMM are about the same:
- Height - 82 cm;
- Depth - 55 cm;
- Width - 45 cm (narrow models) and 60 cm (full-size models);
- Compact dishwashers have dimensions: 46x45x48 cm (very small) and 450x550x500 (small).
Yet manufacturers offer cars a little more or less in size. For example:
- Narrow models of PMM sometimes have a width of 46.6 cm and 44.8 cm, the height can be higher than the full-size 84-85 cm and deeper 57.3 cm.
- Full-size models (both built-in and stationary) can be 56.8 cm and 56.9 cm wide, whereas the height can be 81.5 cm and even 85 cm, and the depth is 62 cm.
Capacity of PMM of different types
When choosing a dishwasher suitable for installation or for a stationary arrangement, narrow and standard width, small or very small, you need to take into account not only the size, but also its ability to accommodate the number of sets of dishes you need.
1 set is a set of dishes, which is necessary for 1 person for one dinner. This set includes: 2 plates - deep and flat, 2 spoons - large and small, as well as a knife, fork, tea pair and a glass.
The optimal number of sets is calculated based on the number of members in the family and the frequency of reception of guests. In this case, keep in mind that for washing large pans and pots will require more space than for several sets of dishes. Therefore, the size of the dishwasher should be chosen with a small margin. But overestimate their needs for washing dishes, too, is not worth it. For example, for a family of three, which accumulates about 10 sets in 1 day, a narrow PMM is quite suitable.
So, different types of machines accommodate a different number of sets of utensils.
- Portable PMM. As a rule, the mini-machine is suitable for 1 person or for a family of 2 people, as it accommodates 5-6 sets of dishes. Small dishwashers can be put on the countertop or built into the cupboard, for example, under the sink.
- If you want to buy a mini-PMM for embedding or partial embedding, keep in mind that many models have large protruding buttons on the control panel, but in the technical description their dimensions are not taken into account, although sometimes they add significant 1.5 cm.
- Narrow PMM. Dishwashers 45 cm wide are in demand because of their compactness - the reduced width allows you to place appliances in small kitchens. They can launder about 10 sets of dishes, which means they are suitable for an average family of 3-4 people.
- Full-size dishwashers 60 cm wide. Spaciousness of the device - from 12 to 15 sets of dishes. For a large family of 5, this is the best choice.
- How to choose a dishwasher - getting ready to buy
- Broke the dishwasher - can I fix it myself?
- We use the dishwasher correctly
- How to choose built-in appliances for the kitchen
- Dishwasher installation and connection rules
- Dishwasher thorough cleaning in 7 steps